Tuesday, November 12, 2013
More updates on Tara
Today we took Tara to the doctor. With her coming home from school early, just wanted to see how everything was doing physically with her, as well I had some questions that I needed to talk to the doctors office regarding insurance stuff. Anyways...when in there they did height, weight, blood pressure normal stuff. The nurse did her bloop pressure then changed her position and did it again, then asked me what she normally runs for blood pressure. She then got concerned and got the doctor. Her doctor took it then got the other doctor. Needless to say, her blood pressure was 62/34. To low for anyone to operate correctly. With talking to Brian, it has been decided that with all of her medications its to be expected, but still causing all of her symptoms *Nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, pale, dizziness*, yet because of her function we can not pull back on any of her medications. Her team of doctors decided that especially going into cold and flu season (by 10 am today there was 12 kids who had gone home early for fever or vomiting at her school...yikes!) that it is in her best interest to go into "home hospital care". This basically means that she is still enrolled in her school, but she can no longer attend school and will have a teacher come to her house for 5 hours a week to help her keep caught up. We are still working on a few details to be ironed out tomorrow morning, but when she called me to pick her up for the day at 9:30 I don't think either one of us could have predicted that it would be her last day of school for an extended period of time. I don't know how I am feeling about all of it yet. She likes school. Yet I knew for a while that she was having a hard time. This was talked about several times in the last month (its only been just over a month since we got word that her heart was "significantly worse") yet like I said in my last post, we are taking all of our cues from her. I felt like I could "pull the rip cord" at school if I needed too. However this decision I did not have much say in it. I feel like the doctor pulled my rip cord for me *I guess in tandem flights someone with more experience does pull the rip cord, and this is for sure a tandem flight with her doctors!*. I am glad they made the decision (less stress on me), but now I don't feel like I have something to fall back onto on the "what if's".